Black beans and corn are amazing together. That is a fact. Now add in cilantro and you have a winning combination any day of the week. The need for this recipe came from my dad’s obsession tacos. I was looking at what we had in the pantry for something to go with the tacos and I saw that winning combination of black bean and corn. I instantly remember seeing a salsa that had black beans and corn in it on Pinterest. I pull it up and there in front of me is a beautiful looking recipe. The site I got it from is food.com it is titled Yet Another Black Bean and Corn Salsa.
Here is the recipe:
- 2 cans (8 ounce) of Rotel tomatoes & chilies (I just use one can because my little brother isn’t a fan of tomatoes)
- 1 can (14 ounce) of Mexican-style corn (I just use regular corn because that is what I keep in the pantry)
- 1 can (16 ounce) of black beans
- 1 can (4 ounce) of green chilies (optional) (I don’t like the taste of green chilies so I leave them out)
- 1 cup diced sweet onion
- 1/2 cup of coarsely chopped fresh cilantro (I always use fresh. I love the flavor of cilantro. The more the merrier.)
- dried cilantro, if you don’t use fresh
- (On the “to taste” spices, I let my dad add these because I have no idea what they taste like or how much to add)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- garlic powder, to taste
- chili powder, to taste
- cumin, to taste
- Except for one can of the Rotel tomatoes, drain the corn and black beans.
- Mix together all ingredients, making sure spices are all blended in.
- Refrigerate, allowing all the delicious flavors to blend.
- Serve! My favorite ways are just with chips or on my dad’s tacos
Now for the best part… the pictures of beautiful food!